Friday, August 10, 2012

"The 10 Paintings that I have chosen"

     On the afternoon that we were in the National Museum, I kept on tweeting about how I fell fast, hard, and deeply with the charms of the 10 paintings that really caught my attention. And if you already saw all of them, you’d know exactly what I was talking about. That feeling of elation and inspiration was more than what my heart could bear.
      Reaching the reception though, everything went catastrophic for my heart from there. It was a real showcase of the arts. Every surface you lay your eyes upon will make your heart sing with glee (sorry for the cliche rain but I simply couldn’t contain myself, even now that I am just blogging and reminiscing about the whole experience).
      Juan Luna's Spoliarium was simply astonishing and powerful. I think it was the greatest painting of all time. I've never seen anything like before. Maybe, a lot of people would disagree and would give negative reactions. But, for all I care. I am entitled to my own opinion.
     In the museum were several galleries, none of which was left bared. There were several exhibits showcased all at once. For someone who’s just starting to reconnect with the arts and is simply inexperienced, I easily got overwhelmed. Thus I only focused on pieces that I like and took joy on viewing them upclose.  Let me give you a tour of the things that caught my interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment